Wirral UNISON represents members working in the Council, and across numerous, public, private and voluntary organisations working in the public sector (outside of Health)
We are raising the following demands with the Council and all relevant employers, and sharing with local MP’s. Whilst some have been implemented by the Council & other employers since UNISON raised them, they should all be implemented across the board.
1) All non-essential Services should be closed now.
2) All staff who can work from home should do so.
3) All workers who have contracted Coronavirus or are showing symptoms should receive full pay during their period of sickness.
4) Wirral Council should ensure that ALL workers, undertaking duties on behalf of the Council, e.g. Care Workers, should receive full sick pay as in point 3.
5) No worker should be asked to undertake a task without the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
6) All staff who are home based due stringently socially distancing because they are high risk, or they are carer for someone who is high risk, should receive full pay (whether they can work from home or not)
7) No worker should lose out financially during this crisis – No Pay Cuts, No Job Cuts!
8) Full testing for all key workers, and for those displaying symptoms. We call upon the Council and employers to support this demand.
Published on: March 25, 2020