UNISON There For You
Members experiencing financial and emotional difficulties can contact our welfare charity, There for You, which provides a confidential advice and support service for members and their dependants.
WINTER FUEL GRANTS
What are UNISON There for You Winter Fuel Grants?
In addition to our normal range of services and in response to the growing difficulty many members on low income are experiencing paying their fuel bills, a programme has been put in place that will assist our most vulnerable members.
How much are the Grants?
They are one-off grants of £40.00 per household.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible you must be:
- A member who has paid 4 weeks subscriptions before the launch date of this programme (15/12/15)
- Have a total net annual household income of £18,000 or less. [Note:By household income we mean net earnings after tax, national insurance, pension deductions, of you, your partner and any other adults living in the property. Please also refer to next bullet point:
- The following is not included as income for the purpose of this specific grants programme: Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payments, Child Benefit and the childcare cost element only of Working Tax Credit.
- You are responsible for meeting the household fuel bills and are struggling to pay them.
Is there anything else that may affect my entitlement to apply?
- Members and their partners must not have combined savings or, rolling bank balance, of more than £1,000. Savings of any other adults in the household do not apply.
- You must not have received financial assistance from UNISON There for You during the previous six months
- Applications are limited to one per household and priority is given to those who have not previously applied
- Ensure you send all requested paperwork with the form or the application cannot be accepted
How do I apply?
To apply for a Winter Fuel Grant simply:
- Download the 2 page application form and the short survey from the national website www.unison.org/thereforyou
- Telephone the Branch Office on 0151-643 7007 for a form to be posted to you
You will need to:
- Provide supporting paperwork i.e. evidence of your entire household income by sending copies of :
- Your and your partner if applicable) last month’s payslip(s)
- Last full month’s bank statements for all bank accounts held by you and your partner (if applicable)
- Submit the form along with the completed short survey by 23 Feburary 2016.
- Post your application including all supporting paperwork to: UNISON Welfare, UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY, OR:
- Scan and send by e-mail the completed application form and all supporting paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where Can I Go For Further Help Or Advice?
Further information on saving on Fuel costs can be found in our ‘Help with Energy Costs’ booklet which will be sent to everyone who applies for a grant.
There is a limited amount in the Winter Fuel Grants programme and once it has been exhausted no further awards for the year can be made. However if you are facing unforeseen hardship it may be possible for you to apply to our general grants programme. We will let you know if this applies to you.
For further information, please see our web pages at www.unison.org/thereforyou, contact your Branch Welfare Officer or the There for You Support Team on 020 7121 5620 or email email@example.com.
Published on: January 4, 2016